HOW DO I BOOK A TATTOO?
Rock Steady Tattoo is an appointment only studio.
Before your tattoo appointment we recommend booking a free consultation, giving you a chance to meet your tattooist and discuss the design, size and placement of your tattoo . We suggest you bring as much reference as possible with you.
If you would like to book a consultation you can email us at the below address or use the contact page to get in touch.
If you can't make it in person we can also do consultations via email: email@example.com
We hold consultations at 10.30am Tuesday - Saturday but please book before you drop by.
DO YOU TAKE A DEPOSIT?
Yes, we take a deposit when you book a tattoo to secure your appointment.
If you are having multiple sessions the deposit will be deducted from your last appointment.
If you need to reschedule an appointment we will carry your deposit over provided that you give us a minimum of 48hrs notice.
DEPOSITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE.
WHEN ARE YOU OPEN?
We are open from Tuesday to Saturday, 11am - 6pm
HOW MUCH IS A TATTOO?
To get a quote please get in touch to arrange a consultation. We can give a price for small to medium size pieces, larger work is on an hourly or daily rate.
HOW CAN I PAY?
At present we don't have credit card facilities at the studio and only accept cash.
HOW DO I LOOK AFTER MY TATTOO?
It is vital to take good care of your tattoo from the beginning. Failure to look after it in the correct way could result in infection or premature fading.
· Your tattooist will have covered your tattoo at the end of the session, leave this dressing on for no more than 2 hours.
· Once the dressing is removed, gently wash your new tattoo with warm water, a mild antibacterial soap e.g. Carex hand wash and your clean fingertips (no perfumed soaps)
· Pat it dry with a clean paper towel and leave it alone to “breathe” for approx 20 minutes. This allows for excess moisture to evaporate out.
· Once your tattoo is sufficiently dry, apply a thin layer of recommended aftercare cream. (Avoid anything petroleum based e.g. Vaseline as it can clog pores and draw the ink out of the skin causing it to fade).
· You can re wrap your tattoo overnight if needed for the first night (make sure you clean it before and after bed) otherwise only cover the tattoo if you are in a dirty or hazardous environment.
· Tattoos should be washed and new aftercare ointment applied 2 to 3 times a day until healing is completed (usually 7-14 days)
· Avoid soaking the tattoo in water - bath, swimming etc and keep your tattoo completely out of the sun for at least 2 weeks
· As the tattoo heals it will start to itch but it is very important not to scratch the area or pull off the flaking skin. If you damage the fragile skin you are likely to loose the ink from that area.
· Once the peeling is finished, you can apply a mild moisturiser regularly (e.g. Palmers coco butter). You'll notice the skin over the tattoo is shiny, like the skin over a freshly healed scratch or scrape. This skin will be very delicate for 2-3 months.
· Applying moisturiser to your tattoo on a regular basis will make the colors look as bright (or as dark) as intended. Wearing sunscreen with at least SPF15 whenever exposed to the sun will greatly extend the life of your tattoo.
If you have any concerns about the healing of your tattoo please don't hesitate to contact us for advise.